Now attend presentations remotely – via WebEx!
If you cannot attend the presentation in person, COUG is continuing to offer WebEx attendance to our Presentations at no charge to you!
To take advantage of this incredible opportunity, or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the January presentation, we need to receive your email by 11 pm on Wednesday, January 18th, 2017.
|Date: Thursday, January 19, 2017
Registration & Refreshments: 8:00 am
Presentation: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Presentation Location: Suncor Energy Centre
West Tower – Room 17 E
150 – 6th Ave. SW
Presentation 1: Oracle Cloud Overview
Oracle Cloud is the industry’s broadest and most integrated public cloud.
It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and even lets you put OracleCloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing business agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.
Today’s session will provide an overview of the Oracle Cloud Platform from SaaS (Software as a Service) to PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
A click through demo of DBCS (Instance provisioning) and Oracle Database Backup Cloud service will be presented in addition to an overview of the iPaaS (integration Platform as a Service) integrating Cloud and On-premise.
Speaker: Kevin Hayner, Oracle
- Kevin Hayner joined Oracle as a Database Solutions Consultant in 2015
- Kevin recently moved into the Oracle Enterprise Cloud Architecture team where he empowers organizations to drive innovation, transform and simplify IT via the Oracle Cloud Platform.
- Kevin spent 17 years as a Database Consultant in the Calgary market working for organizations like the AESO, Nexen, Synenco Energy, CP Rail, Syncrude UE-1 and Flour Daniel to name a few.
Presentation 2: Modernize Your Cloud to On-premises Integration
Attend this session to learn how to seamlessly modernize the integration of your applications.
The explosive growth of SaaS applications combined with existing on-premises integration challenges are likely to slow the pace of innovation and time-to-market for businesses that attempt to integrate the old way.Hear how Oracle customers are deploying new Oracle Cloud-based integrations to securely connect cloud applications to on-premises systems, manage APIs, and connect IoT devices.
Speaker: Jason Popowich, Oracle
- Jason Popowich is a Cloud Platform Specialist for Oracle
- Jason has been delivering enterprise software solutions in Calgary for the past 19 years.
- Jason has a background in application development and enterprise architecture
- Jason focused his time on helping customers with the successful strategic adoption and implementation of Oracle Middleware.