Date: Thursday June 19, 2014
Registration: 8:00 am
Presentation: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Location: Suncor Energy Centre (West Tower)
150 6th Avenue SW
17th floor – Room 17L
Presentation: Oracle Database 12c Security Auditing
Often overlooked as one of the less interesting subjects for databases, auditing is fast becoming a feature that the Oracle DBA needs to understand.
Auditing has suffered bad press in previous years – primarily with the fear that switching it on may have a negative performance effect, or it doesn’t have a enough capabilities.
- This particular DBA’s gripe is the lack of clear information on what is actually possible, and the impact of setting it up. 10g, 11g and now 12c have all introduced new features.
- The goal of this presentation is to offer the audience an opportunity to gain an understanding of what is available, how it can be configured, and the impact of setting it up.
Speaker: Ray Smith, CGI
- Ray first started working as an Oracle DBA in 1992. He joined CGI as a Senior DBA in 2006 and specializes in Disaster Recovery, HA Solutions & Database Tuning.
- Currently the Team Lead for the DBServices Call Center his passion revolves around learning, teaching and sharing.
- His strengths include the ability to keep cool while others are losing their heads, and an ability to relate across all levels.
- Ray regularly teaches as part of the SAIT DBA Fast Track Program and this will be his 4th Presentation at COUG.