COUG’s 25th Anniversary Event
In celebration of our 25th year, COUG is hosting an afternoon event on Thursday, March 20th, 2014.
Please join us at the Epcor Centre’s Engineered Air Theatre for: two technical sessions, COUG sponsor recognition, door prizes, socializing, and refreshments.
Date: Thursday March 20, 2014
Session One - Daniel Morgan & Hans Forbrich
Topic: Oracle Database Appliance
Break: 3:15 pm
Session Two– Rich Niemiec, ROLTA
Topic: 12c New Tuning Features &
Preparing for the Future
Champagne toast, refreshments, and door prizes
Location: EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts
205 8th Avenue SE
|Session One – Speakers: Daniel Morgan & Hans Forbrich
Presentation: Oracle Database Appliance
Session Two – Speaker: Rich Niemiec, ROLTA
- Rich Niemiec is a world renowned Oracle Expert. Rich is an Oracle Ace Director and was a co-founder and the CEO of TUSC, a Chicago-based systems integrator of Oracle-based business solutions started in 1988. Rich currently serves as an Executive Advisor to Rolta International Board of Directors and has served as President of Rolta TUSC and Rolta EICT.
- Rich is the past President of the International Oracle Users Group (IOUG) and the current President of the Midwest Oracle Users Group (MOUG). He won IOUG’s Chris Wooldridge Award in 2012 and is one of six originally honored worldwide Oracle Certified Masters.
- In 2012, he authored the #1 Oracle bestseller “Oracle11g Release 2 Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques,” an update of his previous 3 Oracle best sellers on Oracle8i, Oracle9i, and Oracle10g Performance Tuning. Rich was inducted into the Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame in 1998.
Presentation: 12c New Tuning Features & Preparing for the Future
- This presentation will look at which 12c new features should be investigated for query tuning. Most of the features that will be covered will be related to the developer & DBA. There will be simple examples to show the basic functionality of the new features
- Using Invisible Columns
- Multiple indexes on the same Column
- Adaptive Execution Plans
- Runaway query Management
- Online Move Partition
- Partial Indexes for Partitioned Table
- Pluggable Databases
- Enhanced DDL Online
- Other 12c Query Tuning New Features