Date: Friday September 19, 2014
Registration: 8:00 am
Presentation: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Location: University of Calgary Downtown Campus
906 8th Avenue SW
Presentation: Understanding Exadata offloading
Are you wondering if Exadata is the right platform for your environment?
Do you want to understand what makes it different compared to other DB platforms?
This session will focus on Exadata offload features and how they help improve application performance
- The session is based on multiple years of experience running applications on the Exadata platform, including off-the-shelf as well as custom developed apps
Speaker: Alex Fatkulin, Eclipsys Solutions
- Alex is a member of the Oracle ACE program which recognizes select individuals for their elite technical skills and contributions to the Oracle community. He is also a proud member of the OakTable network which combines the best Oracle technologists on the planet
- For the past several years Alex has mostly been involved with the deployment and performance tuning of Exadata systems and migrations of different legacy environments, including an IBM to Oracle Exadata conversion that resulted in a 10-15 times performance improvement for critical processes
- He has done a number of technical reviews for Oracle related books and has experience working in Banking, Telecom, Healthcare and Retail industries
- Alex has been involved with almost everything related to Oracle databases from data modelling to architecting high availability solutions and resolving performance issues for large production sites