Now attend presentations remotely – via WebEx!
If you cannot attend the presentation in person, COUG is continuing to offer WebEx attendance to our Presentations at no charge to you!
To take advantage of this incredible opportunity, or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the March presentation, we need to receive your email by 11 pm on Wednesday, March 15th, 2017.
|Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Registration & Refreshments: 8:00 am
Presentation: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Presentation Location: Suncor Energy Centre
West Tower – Room 17 E
150 – 6th Ave. SW
Presentation: APEX 5.1 New Features
APEX 5.1 is the latest major release of Oracle Application Express. It has a lot of new features that focus on a richer UI, quicker/easier development tools, and richer out of the box tools for business users.
This presentation will cover these features from both a developer’s perspective and highlight how APEX 5.1 can help significanlty reduce development time and costs. It will also cover how to migrate from older versions of APEX to this latest release.
Speaker: Martin D’Souza, Innovation at Insum
- Martin D’Souza is the Director of Innovation at Insum.
- He is also a Volunteer Director for ODTUG and Founder of OraOpenSource.
- His experience in the technology industry has been focused on developing database-centric web applications using the Oracle technology stack.
- Martin is the author of the popular blog talkapex.com and a designated Oracle ACE Director.
- He has co-authored and authored various APEX books and is an active participant in various open-source projects, such as Logger.
- Martin has also presented at numerous international conferences such as APEX Connect, Oracle OpenWorld , and ODTUG Kscope.