Speakers: Russell Bryant, Groundswell Group & Sue Shaw, Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Russell Bryant is an Integration Architect with Groundswell Group. He currently resides in Edmonton. His expertise is in SOA, pertaining to process and architecture approaches. He has a background in Enterprise Architecture, Object-Oriented and component oriented approaches and technologies. Russell believes that technology is the easy part of the equation, and that the real challenge lies with the people and processes. Russell has consulted to many organizations in Oil & Gas, Utilities, Telecom, and Government.
- Sue Shaw is responsible for maintaining a multi-year vision (people, process, and architecture) to support the ERP Solutions area at Cenovus Energy. This is a new opportunity for Sue which began early in 2010 after spending 20 years with Shell Canada. Her expertise is with JD Edwards software, in particular EnterpriseOne. Sue is also a past member of Quest International Users Group.
Presentation: Expanding Your Universe with Middleware …(just presented at Collaborate 2012!)
Like a universe, software applications such as JDE, usually co-exist with other applications or universes of varying sizes. If you’re living in such a universe, come learn how to navigate using Oracle Fusion Middleware and other options. Hear how Cenovus Energy and their middleware partner, Groundswell, have charted their universe and expanded the power of JDE throughout the enterprise. They will share their business drivers, some of the key challenges encountered as well as guidance and best practices on how to achieve success.
- Objective 1: What is middleware, and why do you need it? How do you sell this to the business?
- Objective 2: How do you decide what tools and approaches are right for you?
- Objective 3: What is the appropriate integration vision, and how do you get there?
Date: Thursday May 17, 2012
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Presentation: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Location: Suncor Energy Centre (West Tower)
150 6th Avenue SW
17th floor – Room E